Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time passes slowly somedays

It may be an overwhelming need to constantly be doing something that makes the time pass slowly for me. I want to be at step 1000, and I'm still taking the opening strides of proving myself. Perhaps, when I'm at the 1000th step of my journey I can look back and say, "What a ride" but knowing me, I'll be saying "Why can't I be at the 2000th step". Very Luke Skywalker of me I know, and not even knowing Yoda's words (All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing.) or even a multitude of proverbs and sayings like 'rome wasn't built in a day' etc etc can give comfort to those looking to the horizon.

An impatience to get on with it, to make a splash, create magic, get out there and make stuff. But making stuff is not easy, there are so many things in the way, namely mundane life. There are times I walk up the hallway at work and I can feel myself pushing against the miasma of time trickling by, a tangible effort to place one foot in front of the other knowing that the day is passing. It's heightened by the fact of not seeing sunlight when on an edit shift.

I would happily give up the sun and sit in an edit cave, carving and cutting a block of vision into an experience...if it were my own. But the needs of the majority of creatives, working to stay alive, pay bills etc, can pull at the creative fabric of your life, and so I forego the sun for someone elses concept.

A head full of dreams, a fight to see them realised. Just.Keep.Going. Got to remember that.

No comments:

Followers