Monday, September 20, 2010

Casting applications explode

...metaphorically.

I have posted the casting call on every professional casting site that would have me, and these are the best of them.
www.starnow.com.au
www.australianactorsnetwork.com.au
www.au.castingcallpro.com/
www2.at2casting.com/
www.dare2audition.com.au/

I wasn't expecting the flood of response, and suddenly I have had nearly 60 actresses apply! I had honestly only expected half that number for a concept idea, so I am very pleased.

At the moment I'm sifting through the applications to narrow it down to a group of people to interview face to face. I've even had applications from Melbourne, Sydney and Perth, all willing to pay to fly themselves to the shoot if they are successful in their application! So skype will come in handy too.

It is important to have an interview or audition to get a read on a person, as the headshots can only convey how they look, and not how they act. I'm currently organising a performance space to conduct this critical part of the process. I need to know if I can work with these actors, and if they can convey the emotions I'm looking for...I'll soon find out.

No comments:

Followers